Sunday, October 16, 2011

A 5K and A Voice in the Box

What a great way to begin a blog- with exciting news about both of my career paths!

Today, I ran a 5K to benefit one of the 2 elementary schools where I teach art classes. This was my first ever 5K and I'm hoping that I finished in under 40 minutes. Our times won't be posted until later today. It was a lot of fun to run with my co-workers and many of my students and their families. I love the happy sense of community associated with that school.

The big news about my illustration career is that I created the drawings for my father's autobiography, A Voice in the Box: My Life in Radio, which is currently out in stores. I will be attending his book signing tomorrow night at Politics & Prose in D.C. at 7 PM. Here is a cool slide show about his book that features my illustrations:

No comments:

Post a Comment